How Do I ??

Answers to common questions can be found below.  Click on the question to find the answer.

How Do I ? Leisure Services

Cove View Golf Course

1. Can we reserve a tee time? 

Yes. Call the golf course at 896-9987 for tee times. 


2. Are you open every day? 

We are open every day (weather permitting), and are only closed due to special events. 


3. Do you have any tournaments today? 

See tournament schedules here

Parks and Recreation

1. What are the Parks and Recreation office hours? 

The office is opened from 8 am - 5 pm, Monday through Friday. 

The office is located at 75 East Center, in the basement. 


2. What events are sponsored by the Recreation Department? 

Richfield Parks and Recreation Department has leagues, classes, events and races scheduled throughout the year. There are youth and adult leagues available in softball, basketball, flag football, and volleyball. There is also a youth soccer league and other activities available. 

For a complete listing of our programs, click here to view the activity guide.


3. How do I reserve a park and how much is it? 

All of the parks in Richfield City are open to everyone during daylight hours. You can reserve a pavilion through the Parks and Recreation Department by calling (435) 896-5546, or coming in to the office at 75 East Center Street. The fee is $25 per time block. Time blocks are 7 am – 11:30 am; 12 noon – 3:30 pm; and 5 pm – 9:30 pm. The fee can be paid with cash, check, visa or mastercard. If you have any questions, contact the Parks and Recreation office. A reservation form is available online. 

City Park – 300 North Main; Lions Park – 600 West 400 North; 

Rotary Park – 800 South 100 West; Centennial Park – 1000 Centennial Park Drive 


Swimming Pool

1. Where is the pool located and what are the hours? 

Richfield City Pool is located at 600 West 500 North. Hours are adjusted frequently, so please contact the pool for current hours, fees, and information on passes. The phone number is (435) 896-8572. 

For a complete listing of swimming pool programs and information, click here to view the activity guide


How Do I ? Public Works

1. What operations belong to the Public Works Department?

Public Works Department encompasses the Streets, Water, Wastewater, and Airport Departments. 

2. Where should I place my garbage can on my pick-up day?

Please place your can on the asphalt away from the gutter. 

3. What do I need to do to perform excavation in my roadway?

In order to perform excavation in the City street right of way (sidewalk, curb and gutter, or street) you will need to obtain an encroachment permit either here on our website or from the Richfield City Office at 75 East Center. 

4. Whom do I call if a street light is out?

Call (435) 896-6439 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and your concerns will be forwarded to the appropriate person(s). Please provide the approximate address of the pole, side of street, and problem with the streetlight in your message. 

5. How do I have a pothole in my street repaired?

Call Richfield City Office at (435) 896-6439 to submit a work order to have the pothole repaired. 

6. How do I request that a grate on my street be cleaned?

Call Richfield City Office at (435) 896-6439 to submit a work order. 

7. Whom do I call if my sewer is plugged?

A plugged line could be in the house or in the City’s main. In order to determine where the plug is, call a local plumber. If it is an emergency situation, you can call Richfield City’s emergency number at (435) 979-7258. 

8. How do I report a water leak in the street?

You can call Richfield City at (435)896-6439 and notify us of the leak location. If this is an after- hours emergency, please call (435) 979-7258. 

You can also submit a online ticket here

9. What are the proper watering hours?

For water conservation purposes, it is recommended that you do your outside watering between 6:00 pm and 8:00 am. 

10. Whom do I call to have my water turned off or on?

Call the Richfield City Office at (435) 896-6439 for these types of services. 


How Do I ? Building and Zoning

1. Where can I get a Building Permit Application?

Access the application form here or pick one up in the Building and Zoning Department at the City Offices located at 75 East Center. 

2. When is a Building Permit Required?

A Building permit is generally needed if any structural, electrical, plumbing or mechanical changes or additions will be made. Access the application form here or pick one up in the Building and Zoning Department at the City Office located at 75 East Center. 

3. Is a Building Permit required to remodel my house?

Yes. If it affects structural, electrical, plumbing or mechanical elements. Repairs or replacement of existing elements are generally exempt from needing a permit. Re-finishing such as dry wall, floor coverings and paint do not need a permit. 

4. Who do I call to schedule an inspection or obtain a permit?

Call (435)-896-6439 and ask for the building inspector, Gaylen Matheson. 

5. Do I have to have a Building Permit for City inspections?

Yes. And you must provide the Building Permit Number when scheduling an inspection. 

6. Is a Permit required to finish my basement?


7. Do I need a permit for cement flat work?

As long as the flat work is not structural, a permit is not required. 

8. Do I need a Permit to construct a retaining wall?

If the retaining wall is over four (4) foot high, you will need a permit and engineered plans. 

9. Do I need a Permit for an accessory building? (sheds, barns, detached garages)

As long as the structure is less than 120 square feet and has no electric or plumbing features, a permit is not required. Any size building with electrical or plumbing features requires a Permit and inspections. Verify the setbacks with the Building & Zoning Department. Call 435-896-6439. Access the application form online or pick one up in the Building and Zoning Department at the City Office at 75 East Center. 

10. Do I need a Permit to install a fence?

A permit is required to install a fence.  Building a fence requires consultation with our Building and Zoning Dept.  You will need to check with the Building and Zoning Department to verify the setback and location requirements.  Access the application form online or pick one up in the Building and Zoning Department at the City Office at 75 East Center.

11. What are the setbacks for a fence?

Front: 1’ off sidewalk and no more than 36” high. Side and rear: along property lines and a maximum of 6’ high. 

12. Is a Bond required at the time of a Building Permit?



How Do I ? Fire Department

1. Can we tour the fire station?

Yes, by appointment. Please arrange tours a minimum of 7 days in advance. Call the Fire Department Public Relations Officer, Brion Terry, at (435) 201-9722 to arrange your tour. 

2. Can I burn my weeds/brush?

Richfield City uses the State of Utah open burning rules. Section 2.4.4 E of the rule allows open burning of vegetation that is incident to yard clean-up activities located outside of Salt Lake, Davis, Weber and Utah Counties, provided that the burning occurs during the periods March 30 – May 30 and September 15 – October 30. Other times during the year, BURNING IS PROHIBITED. You would be well advised to call dispatch at (435) 896-6471 before you burn and inform them of what you are doing. This would allow for faster response should you lose control. Good judgment should be used when burning weeds nears wood fences and structures. 

3. Can I have a cooking Fire?


  • Your fire must be a very small fire designed for cooking of food. It is considered a recreational fire. It should be in a pit, barrel, or fire container, and confined to an area no larger than 30 inches in diameter and less than 300 square inches, with flame lengths no higher than 3 feet during the ignition phase and thereafter kept as a small smoldering fire. In the surrounding area, a minimum of 2 feet in all directions shall be free of combustible materials. 
  • The fire must be attended until completely extinguished. 
  • If the fire becomes a nuisance to your neighbors, you may be asked to extinguish the fire. 
  • If the fire results in an out-of-control-fire, the responsible party shall be charged for the suppression costs. 
  • The fire department therefore would recommend that all recreational cooking be done over a gas fired appliance to limit the possibility of a fire becoming a nuisance to your neighbors. 

Richfield City Corp

75 East Center